PitaPata Cat tickers

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Store Room conversion

I live in a small apartment, well..more like a small flat all by myself most of the time. Sometimes bf comes over for lunch or dinner.. and once in a while my sister or my parent came to visit or go shopping and stayed at my home. It's a small home with 2 rooms and a storeroom. I was worried about parents getting disturbed by my kittens, I decided to clean up the store room and convert it into kitty room. They can have their own space, mess the room, the odor of litter box is limited and my family can be happy, so can the kittens.

I called over my bf and my sister to come and help clean the storeroom, which has junks of almost 4 years. I am the type of person who like to hoard things so.. there's a lot of useless stuff that I just put in the storeroom. Took almost 8 medium trash bags to clear the storeroom! I wondered to myself, how a small room like that can handle so much junk.. knowing myself, I would probably think whatever I kept in there can be used in the future.. right...(I told myself).. Cleaner up the room, put floor lining and arranged the litter box, the small scratch post I made and some furniture that I re-do for my kittens plaything. I hope they can hang out, have fun and get some privacy in the room. It has a small window, which I always kept almost shut. I want the room to have some ventilation, and not provide a dangerous space for kitten to fall through. I also kept a huge card box in the room for my kitten to paw on. At the moment the room is scattered with some newspapers and rags for the to play or lie down on. I would buy a cage in future so I can use it to quarantine my kittens in case of injury, sickness or to keep them out of mischief when I clean the house. My kitten has some kind of fascination with brooms, terrified of vacuum cleaner and the hairdryer. Brooms are the easiest way to clean their room at the moment although I don't do it too often. I could never get their room in a organized way, everything just goes anywhere in that room. As long as they are happy in their little room, I am happy. I could put them in the room so they don't disturb me when I sleep or eat my meals.
I made a taller scratch post for my kittens, but since I'm on a tight budget, it's very bare and simple. I think I will let is stay at it is for now, and attached me elaborate platform as time goes by.. I like working with my hands, but I'm not perfect.

At the end of a long day, I managed to get my kittens their own room. Might not be furnished much.. but it's a start..

No comments:

Post a Comment


PitaPata Cat tickers

Memorial

Memorial

Sherbet's Cute Mew

Click Play to listen!
PitaPata Cat tickers