PitaPata Cat tickers

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Nail Scraping Moments

I woke up today to a painful wake up call. My two kittens.. sometimes I call them 1/2 monkey kittens, decided to play tag and lo and behold, Sherbet decided to make my arm as his leverage. The pain of nail digging into you scream makes you pop your eyes wide open and scream.

From the looks of thing, he didn't even care or know what happened. Sighs, darn cat. I just babble and clean off the wound, put some salve on it. It wasn't the first time but definitely not the last I'll tell you that. Especially with Sherbet weighing around 3kg, he fails at trying to jump on people's lap now and then. In this hot, humid weather wearing cotton shorts or pants is normal and it isn't an anti-claw material, I'll tell you that. Oh well, we'll just take it as the mark of love .. *giggles*

Thing looks pretty good in terms of the kittens' health. They always jump and wrestle around, sometime chasing me back and forth kitchen to the living room. Sherbet, I suspected has weak stomach and have been having soft poop once in a while. Kinda wondered what he does when I wasn't watching.. licking bathroom floor? Pawing through trash? Cats are mysterious and in Sherbet case, he can be quite stealth. Last time I caught him eating bones from trash, he got diarrhea for a week.. schmuck cat! Salem, has cast iron stomach! He ate papaya a few days back, that surprised me (although I read up a forumer in Petfinders Malaysia, that his cat..named Salem too, loves to eat papaya).. Never did it cross my mind my black screaming banshee is the same. The lil guy wouldn't stop mewing at my feet as I was eating the papaya (it wasn't sweet enough anyway..) so I put the leftover down on the floor and he was chewing as if it's the yummiest thing. Who would've thought, my lil screaming monkey loves papaya.. the week before he begged for corn kernels from my parents.. I had fallen asleep in the living room when my mom was steaming sweet corn kernels. When I woke up, family was telling me how Salem was munching on corn kernels.. sighs.. you'd thing I didn't give them good, healthy, yummy cat food.. Told my parent to not give him anymore because I read up grains are not good for cats, especially corns. But knowing Salem.. he likes to begs for anything.. I had to lock him in the cat room during my meals. He would mew loudly near my feet, sometimes jumping on my lap to try his luck at sneaking a bite. Not on my watch, sorry, I like to eat my meal by myself and not share it with furry kids.. He also came by and stole chickpea while I wasn't looking.. geee.. this little kitten doesn't care what he eats! From my scoop the poop session, I dun see any trouble with his digestive system. Always looks firm and solid, except when I give my kittens milk or wetfood.

Sherbet lately is in his "big boy" mode. He would prefer to be a loner, sitting in faraway corner to himself, sleeping or just lazing around. Ignores me or bf when we call him (except when I have food or their multivitamin in my hands..) and sometimes mews at the door.. I'm guessing some cats pass by the front door and said hi.. Most of the time he wouldn't even want to play, just staring intently. I would say he would only participate 30% of the time. Most of the time, he just look and did nothing. Fine by me, he's a big boy now... but he's still my boy :) Just a few more weeks for another visit to the vet. I like him to stay indoor and not go out getting girlfriends, I'm a greedy mom. My boys are mine :P

Another day pass with me and the kids.. the trouble I have now is Salem. He's still too vocal, and still sucking on t-shirts. It minds boggle me sometimes.. granted he's an orphaned kitten but he's almost 3 months now.. shouldn't it stop.. sometime now? He's too vocal personality is also making me embarass.. living in a flat cum apartment is not easy, the walls are not as thick and having a kitten mewing loudly is not a good greeting to my neighbours. It's mind-boggling how Salem mews a lot when he's locked up in the cat room with his brother.. sometimes he would mew loudly outside the bathroom door (when i bathe).. and even in front of the bedroom door when i change clothes. Does it bother him when I left him outside the door? Perhaps.. If only I could talk cats.. life would be easier... Sad to say I'm giving Salem a few more weeks.... if he doesn't behave, I guess I have to put him up for adoption. His loud mewing keeps me awake at night and having him roam the house when I sleep is not a good option either, he likes to climb up the bed, climb on my body, suck my t-shirt or even sit on my head. The pawing while he sucks doesn't help either.. claws scraping on ur skin makes you awake. I will be sad if I have to let him go but I hope I don't have to.. I really really hope I don't have to...

No comments:

Post a Comment


PitaPata Cat tickers

Memorial

Memorial

Sherbet's Cute Mew

Click Play to listen!
PitaPata Cat tickers