PitaPata Cat tickers

Monday, March 23, 2009

Day 2 and freedom to roam..


The second day, I let him roam free in the house. I made sure every window is open no bigger than 2 inch and put a huge card box blocking the way to the kitchen. My kitchen is half opened with metal grilling extension. I live on the second floor and I worry if my kitten falls down. We named him Sherbet, my bf thought of it since he's an avid fan of Harry Potter books. He thought of Orange Sherbet fits the kitten name. It's a nice name and I like it immediately. As soon as I let Sherbet free, he roamed the apartment, going into the rooms, under every nook and cranny. The one thing that I dreaded the most is that Sherbet loves dusty and dark places. I cleaned my home but he sure knows the dustiest place and there, he sat happily. When I cleaned that area, he moves on to the next dusty place. I gave up and just clean the place whenever I want. Sherbet is a dust detector, I can't be bothered to clean every nook and cranny since I hate house chores. I spend most of my time on my computer, spending some time to play with Sherbet and fed him. I gave him Whiskas at start, seems like a good cat food and he ate it. Guess he's not picky on food. As I played on the computer, Sherbet jumped on my lap and sat on the keyboard. I laughed, he's so adorable and cute. He stared at the computer screen, watching the movement of the mouse pointers, pawing once in a while. After a while, he got sleepy and slept on the keyboard, I pushed him aside so that he slept between the keyboard and my monitor (pic above). It was the most beautiful and serene picture in my opinion. I took a snapshot and kept it, smiling to myself. I have found the other love of my live, he's furry but cuddly.

The next few days, I trained him to get used to his name by using food. It worked nicely but, Sherbet is still the same old Sherbet.. he will come if he wants to, ignore if he feels like it. Can't help but remembers his "grooming" session at SPCA. What a kingly cat... I spend most of my days reading up on how to take care of kittens, what food is best for them, how to groom and such. My family and bf said I'm obsessed with cats and I agreed. True, I am obsessed, but it's all for the best. I am serious about having a cat in my life and I don't want to be half-assed about it. Granted I won't be buying the most expensive top of the line cat food or cat litter, but getting the best within my budget is not bad. I want to get the best that I can for my new kid. I changed his food from Whiskas to Friskies, then tried Royal Canin but it was too expensive for me. I tried EVO but seems Sherbet can't handle EVO, he got diarrhea soon after. After a few enquiry, reading, I tried Blackwood and it seems to work well with my furkid. He loves eating the kibble and is growing bigger by the days. I love how fluffy he looks as the days go by. Although Sherbet is quiet and active, he also hv his mischievious side. I let him roam the whole house and he went to the kitchen, dipped his foot in cooking oil and walked proudly to my bed... I was angry but a cat is a cat. I have no one to blame but myself for not keeping the oil properly, or didn't watch him carefully. I learned my lesson and always watched him, especially when he goes into the kitchen.

Time goes by so fast I can't believe I have him for 3 months now. A few more weeks and he's due for a neuter. As he grows older, he doesn't like to be held. I guess it's typical guy thing, doesn't like to be manhandled. He's still scared of loud noises, he would run under the chair when he hears the kettle whistling, or the fogging people pass by. On rainy days, he would sleep near my feet. Sometimes he climb over on my bed and slept near my feet. I love him a lot and I never regretted the day I adopt him. My family came last week and was surprised to see Sherbet bigger and fluffier. He is very well behaved, and loved a typical foot cuddling. I just kept wondering how I had lived my life without a cat before.. unbelievable....

No comments:

Post a Comment


PitaPata Cat tickers

Memorial

Memorial

Sherbet's Cute Mew

Click Play to listen!
PitaPata Cat tickers