PitaPata Cat tickers

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Kitty Journal 4

I woke up early today to send Salem to the vet for his 1st vaccine and deworm treatment. It's mind boggling how the small, puny kitten bf and I picked up at the dumpster grow up to be healthy, active and somewhat a screamer..

At 8.15am, I was set and ready to head to the vet. Grabbing Salem and put him inside the carrier was a breeze, he's still small and doesn't struggle much (unlike Sherbet). He looks kinda panicky at start, but I figured it would be so since he is a kitten that hates to be caged. I went downstairs to ride the bike with bf, I haven't even sit on the motorbike when Salem started singing soprano. It was somewhat a 10minute grueling ride. Salem was screaming his lung off, and I was feeling embarrassed. The way Salem was screaming, you'd think I was abusing him, pulling his nails out one by one. I dreaded the stop at red light, passerby and other motorcyclist was looking at us. Typical Salem, he just never shut up. As we got closer to the vet, I anticipated a few minutes of taking him out and calming him down before vet consultation.

To my surprise, the vet was having a Veterinary month event and the clinic was closed for the day. They invited us to join, some even thought we were one of the demonstrator for the event. I just laughed at the idea. I would love to stay for the event if it was Sherbet that I brought with me. He's much more quiet than Salem. I had to decline their offer and got ready to go back home. They asked us to put our name on the guest book and we did just that, got 2 goodie bags for us. Cool, a sample of cat food, multivitamins and some snacks for us. Happily we went back home, as usual, Salem is screaming his lungs off. One could only wonder how a small kitten can scream for such a long time and not have sore throat. That's my banshee.. a mere 20-30minutes screaming is nothing to him.. he can go for hours when I lock him in the kitty room with Sherbet when I sleep. Time could only tell when will Salem stop screaming like a banshee and my guess is.. never.. lol...

2 comments:

  1. Cute!!
    I wonder if my Salem boy is the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salem the screaming banshee? God saves us all if every one of them is a screaming banshee too... *laugh* He seldom mew these days, only when he wants something or bored. :)

    ReplyDelete


PitaPata Cat tickers

Memorial

Memorial

Sherbet's Cute Mew

Click Play to listen!
PitaPata Cat tickers