PitaPata Cat tickers

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Kitty Journal 6 - DIY Cat Tunnel & Kitty Bathtime

I was restless and awake at 5am this morning, and decided to make my own DIY Cat Tunnel... I had some leftover from the DIY cage I made a few days ago and some cloth (which has been lying around since god knows when..). I got the idea, the rough sketch.. the hard part is the sewing, since I don't have any sewing machine

I cut the leftover metal mesh into 2 strips, same length and dull the sharp edge by folding them over and put a duct tape over it. Lay down the metal strip on the cloth, cut it and starts sewing.. An hour later, with a needle, a roll of thread, love, sweat and neck pain (damn, sewing manually sure is tough on ur neck). Voila!


Finish product..


Here I have my two lovely kittens modelling in the cat tunnel..

I slept late and woke up late today.. kitten were scrambling to get out of their room. I woke up groggily, opened their door and let them run around while I boil water. Saturday is a beautiful day for bathing session for my 2 lovely furkids.. For some unbeknown reasons, I love bathing my kittens, doing basic grooming on them. I pour the boiling water into a pail and pour in cold water, gauging the temperature. I grab a towel for Salem and he shall be the first swimmer! ... Since he's small, he's rather easy to manage, I just grab him and hold him firmly while scrubbing his fur.. I love the kitten's shampoo..it smells of apples and lasts for days. Salem is pretty quick to clean, wet his fur.. put on shampoo.. scrub everywhere.. and rinse. I slowly squeeze the water out of his fur and voila, he's done. I wrapped him in his towel.. all warm and cuddly.
Salem all warm and cuddly..

Sherbet on the other hand is quite a struggle.. Once we stepped into the shower room, he knows what is happening.. He starts roaming around the bathroom and mewing, staring at me. I bathe him carefully since I had bad experience of him, clinging on to my chest last week.. I wet his fur slowly, calling his name, talking to him, reassuring it's all okay. Then same as Salem, I put the shampoo, scrub him up and down. Sherbet took some time since he's a Semi-Long Hair cat. He didn't struggle as last week, just very vocal. I'm guessing the water temperature is suitable. A good scrub, a nice rinse and wrapped up in a huge towel. Salem gets dry easily since he's shorthaired, but Sherbet took some time. Since Sherbet is frightened at the sound of vacuum cleaner and hair dryer.. I just left him in the cage that I made a few days back for him to get dry.

After a nice bath, I gave them anchovies and a nice, yummy Fancy Feast wetfood. Both gobble them up fast and after a nice bath, a good meal..both went for a nice nap...

2 comments:

  1. Alahai euanna.. kreatifnya! kak gee ni from PF hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. hai Kak Gee. Time kasih bagi comment kat sini hehe...

    ReplyDelete


PitaPata Cat tickers

Memorial

Memorial

Sherbet's Cute Mew

Click Play to listen!
PitaPata Cat tickers