PitaPata Cat tickers

Friday, April 3, 2009

Kitty Journal 5

Something funny happened yesterday in my apartment. I turn on television and watch now and then while sitting in front of computer. On air was the show "999", a show about real life police raid, murder case, police stuff. To my surprise, Salem was watching the show quietly. Who would've thought? My kitten likes police show.. haha.. He watched the show till finished and fall asleep in front of the television..

I have kept my cute kittens in their room the past few weeks every time I eat or sleep. Yesterday, after seeing them sleeping on my mattress I decided to let them sleep with me. Nothing like having a warm body snuggle up to you :)

Lucky enough, both my kitten is sleeping happily. Salem is curled up next to my thigh, Sherbet prefer to sleep on his own, on a chair near the bed. It was restful, none of them did any mischief till morning.

Sherbet likes to spend his time hanging out by the window, watching whatever was outside. Daytime, it's usually the birds..night time, I could only wonder. He has been very affectionate lately, rubbing his face and fangs almost everywhere.. Maybe he's marking his territory?

I have also seen the hierarchy system working in my house. Once in a while I would see Salem grooming his brother, Sherbet, licking his ears, face, neck. I'm guessing Sherbet is the alpha male in the house.. a cuddly one. Sometime I call him little tiger, because of his coloring..

Today was fogging day at my apartment. At 5pm, I can hear the humming of the machine, and faintly smell the smoke coming in. I quickly let out both my kitten from their room, since I know how frighten Sherbet can be. He was running back and forth in the living room, hiding under the chair. But I guess the noise was still too loud for him to handle, he jumped on my lap but looked anxious. He was looking around, frightened. I had to hug him closely and mutter soothing word of comfort to calm him down. After the fogging sound pass by, Sherbet calmed down and went about his business as usual (laze around the house, curl n sleep wherever he wants, run around with Salem). Sherbet is easily frightened by loud noises, he would run to curl by my feet whenever that happens. I think he has improved a lot these days, the first month I had him, he was easily frightened by the sound of footstep outside my front door, children running about, practically any sound would make him run back to my feet, ears flat. These days, only the loud fogging machine scared him. Although he curls near my feet when it's raining. The psychology of cats, it is so mysterious to me. I want to learn and know more about it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment


PitaPata Cat tickers

Memorial

Memorial

Sherbet's Cute Mew

Click Play to listen!
PitaPata Cat tickers