PitaPata Cat tickers

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Kitty Journal 20 - Chasing Flies & Balding Spots

Chasing Flies

It's really fun to see my cats running around the house, jumping up and down chasing flies. Now and then stray flies get into my home and it gets the cats scrambling to catch it. I have to say my cats have boundless of energy. Seeing them running back and forth, jumping high, trying to climb wall is so much fun. I would call their names and ask "Did you catch it? Go catch em!". I would let them chase the flies for awhile and then I'll take out my small fan, smack! One hit and down goes the flies. Flies-0 Me-1. *Laugh*

In my opinion, flies are a hazard to health but it gives my cats plenty of exercise. Just let them live for awhile and then take them down in a blink of an eye. *Evil grin*

Balding Spots

I'm still worried about Salem. It's been almost two weeks since I spotted Salem's balding spots. At first, I thought it was due to flea allergy but after thorough checking, grooming, I found no indication of flea population in my home. The other two cats are flea free (I could see flea poo on Sherbet or Neko-chan's fur if there's any flea infestation since their fur is rather light-colored). I assumed it was food allergy (maybe the Kitzyme tablets I gave them before). But I've stopped giving them the tablet almost two weeks now but Salem is still scratching like mad. It bothers me to hear him scratching his body vigorously, making his collar bell rings. His balding spots are more visible and new spots are emerging.

After some discussion with my bf, he told me to wait till next Monday to send Salem to the vet. Maybe Salem need some kind of injection / medication to reduce the itching and balding. Other than the itching and balding, Salem seems to enjoy life as a normal cat. Running around, jumping up and down, playing with the other cats and demand his usual cloth sucking. Oh well, a few more days to go see the vet. *Smile*

1 comment:

  1. I really appreciate the kind of topics you post here. Thanks for sharing information that is actually helpful. Good day! Balding

    ReplyDelete


PitaPata Cat tickers

Memorial

Memorial

Sherbet's Cute Mew

Click Play to listen!
PitaPata Cat tickers