PitaPata Cat tickers

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Kitty Journal 17 - MCC Cat Show 3-5 July & Family Invasion

MCC Cat Show 3-5th July

I woke up early Sunday morning and went to MidValley Megamall to watch beautiful cats on display and hang out with some friends I made through Petfinders.com.my. There were a lot of people at the event, and some of them brought their pets with them.. beautiful dogs, cute sugargliders, racoons, birds, cats and rabbits. I looked at the cats in the competition and they are beautiful. Although some are quite afraid, probably not used to big crowds and loud noise but still beautiful to my eyes. I met up with friends, chat up and gossip, absorbed everything I can with my eyes and commit them to memory. I have always love looking at beautiful cats and envy them (especially their owners). I could probably get my cats THAT beautiful but will sure need alot of effort and *cough* money. For now, I am just so happy when family and relatives tells me my cats are beautiful and healthy. It means I did the right thing somewhere.

I was glad I went to the event, and get to see close up how cat grooming is done. It looks easy but it gives me a more clear idea how I'm supposed to groom my cats. It has always been sort of a trial and error on my part whenever I groom my cats. Now I know how to do it the right way *smile*. I congratulates all the friends that won on that day, they are brave to enter their cats and I salutes them. I would love to try someday but I will need a lot of practise. My cats need a lot of training as well. When we are confident enough (my cats & I ), we shall venture into the world of cat show!! Although I am not sure when that'll be *laugh*. It was a fruitful day , in my humble opinion and I was happy. What makes it all even more meaningful was that my bf was there with me and we enjoyed the show..

Family Invasion

My family came to stay over yesterday and I welcomed them. My sister is due back at her university for the new semester and it's common for them to put a few nights at my home. This time the visit was rather short because my dad has a guitar class later today (my dad took additional jazz class to deepen his knowledge of jazz for guitars). I am used to my family sleeping over unfortunately, my eldest cat (Sherbet) is rather afraid. Why? Who knows. He has always been a scaredy cat and this time it's the worse.

As soon as my family steps into the house and I let them out of their room, he ran away, body crouching low and ears somewhat lowered (scared stance) and ran into hiding. Salem on the other hand is a regular receptionist. He came over and greets everyone, weaving through their legs, sniffing here and there, rolling about in front of my parents and sister. They were easily charmed by him, the little rascal. He shows no sign of being frightened at all and we all agreed that he is most suitable is I were to take part in a cat show (too bad he's suffering some bald patches at the moment *sighs*). After awhile, bf and I searched the apartment for Sherbet but we couldn't find him. I got worried but after 10 minutes, my bf found him behind the toilet seat, hiding. I slapped my forehead hard and shakes my head. I carried Sherbet into the bedroom and he jumped down, hid under the bed. I know he was kinda shy with my family but this time it was too much. He didn't come out hours later after I sprayed him with water, and ran into another hiding spot. It got me worried too since he didn't touch his food or even use the litterbox. I knew he was scared, so I just let him cool off and calm down. I was kinda disappointed since my family was so looking forward to meeting him.

It continued throughout the day till sleep time. He won't show his face and hid either under the bed or at the edge of the cat's room (where people can't see him). I just let him be and went to sleep. Poor Salem was kinda lonely but luckily my parent was having fun playing around with him. Later that nite, seems Sherbet came out of his hiding and went to greet my parent. He was rolling about beside them, asking for petting services. Once in a while he would come on my bed and sat beside me or near my feet. Such a pampered brat.

As the morning came, I thought he was over being scared but I was wrong. Once he heard the sound of the water kettle whistling, he reverts back to the timid cat and went crounching and all into hiding. My big, eldest cat.. afraid of.. almost everything. I slapped my forehead hard yet again and shakes my head.. What am I going to do with you, boy? And looked at him, wondering.. while he looked back at me with his big, golden eyes..

No comments:

Post a Comment


PitaPata Cat tickers

Memorial

Memorial

Sherbet's Cute Mew

Click Play to listen!
PitaPata Cat tickers