PitaPata Cat tickers

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Kitty Journal 18 - Neuter Part II

I tossed and turned in my bed last night, worried that my two cats would escaped from their cage. It was in preparation for their neutering this morning. I slept and woke up, running to look at their cage and was relieved to see both of them staring back at me behind the wire mesh. I dreamed they escaped and drank water, which disturbed their fasting process. In the middle of the night I woke up a few times because Sherbet kept jumping on my bed, and lying next to me.

6.29am

I woke up a minute before the alarm rang on my mobile phone and went into the bathroom. After bathing, I dressed up and checked all the cats.

7.20am

Salem & Neko-chan all ready in the carrier and good to go. I head out to meet my friend, June to go to the neuter clinic together.

7.40am

Bf & I arrived at the said location at met up with June. I went with June to the Neuter Clinic. We chat about cats and had a few laugh.

8.20am

We arrived at the clinic. We can see a few cars parked outside the premise. We brought our carriers out and sat in the shades. The doctors haven't arrived yet, so we just wait till they're officially opened.

8.30am

The guard told us we can bring the cats into the office and we brought them in. Filled in some forms and left them in the clinic till they're done. We head out for breakfast while waiting. I had fun, chatting with June about our cats and experiences.

10.00am

We head back to the clinic and met some other cat owners. We chat about our cats, their behavior and health. We were somewhat shocked to hear a lady lost 2 of her cats while trying to get them into the clinic. What was even more saddening to me was she blamed her maid for not latching the cage door properly. I find it mind-boggling. The cats are their owner's responsibility, and a part of their family. Why would the maid be responsible for the cage door? Shouldn't the owner double check it on her/his own?? I wrapped extra support for my carrier, even extra wire tied to the cage door so my cats won't ran off. But how can some owners forget these?? It was mind-boggling but I shouldn't judge them. Each to their own.

11.30am

June and I sat outside the clinic and chat up to fill in the time. Salem & Spot (June's kitten) had already done the neutering and are resting inside the clinic. Neko-chan's surgery will probably take time since the doctors usually deals with males before females. As we chat, we were surprised to see yet another escapade. A light-brown seal point siamese look-alike ran as fast as it can across the yard into the bushes. We were stunned to see it happened right in front of our eyes. What was even more surprising was, the cat was carried in what looked like a bird-cage. I shaked my head and frowned. Both June and I were flabbergasted. The cat was bigger than Sherbet ( Sherbet at the moment weights around 4.5kg) and it fit snugly into a carrier I bought in March. Imagine something bigger than 4.5kg in a flimsy bird cage. We discussed the stupidity of some cat owners. As the owner went to looked for the cat, we went inside the clinic to see if our cats are done. I was glad to see Neko-chan up and about and was settling the bill when the siamese look-alike and it's owner came in.

The cat was struggling and the owner was handling it the wrong way (holding it's legs). The cat bit the owner and scrambled inside the office, causing a lot of ruckus. I can see how frightened the cat was, it was crazy running around panicking. The office looked like a tornado had swept in, everything was tossed all over the place, the window blinds broken in pieces. Eventually the cat stood between the window and the blind. The doctor's helper came and catch it, stuff it into a sturdy carrier. I pity the cat, can't say I pity the bleeding owner much. Seems like they don't know how to handle their cat. I just shrugged and thankful the ordeal is over. I glance at the scared siamese look-alike and shake my head. Poor thing, so scared. I settled my bills and went back with June. I was thankful June could send me over the busy road so it'll be easier (and less stressful).

12.30pm

I arrived at the designated place, with my bf waiting to pick me up. I said my thanks to June quickly and ride the motorbike home. I hold the carrier real close and carefully, and ride home.
I am happy all my cats have gone through neutering process with no complication and all that's left now is the nurturing process. I kept them in separate carriers for now and wait till they starts mewing before I let them out into the bigger cage. I want to make sure they are fully awake and stable before transferring them to the cage. My poor cats is still so groggy and weak. The biggest hurdle is already over for me, now all that's left is their monthly food and litter supply, the yearly vaccination and lots of love. I hope they will grow bigger, stronger and healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment


PitaPata Cat tickers

Memorial

Memorial

Sherbet's Cute Mew

Click Play to listen!
PitaPata Cat tickers