PitaPata Cat tickers

Monday, November 8, 2010

Shirahime - The White Princess


Ah, the white princess. Although she is not entirely white *laughs*, it was a name I came up with my bf since all my cats have name starting with the letter "S". Sherbet, from Orange Sherbet (since he is a red /orange tabby cat).. Salem, from the show "Sabrina, the teenage witch" who has a black cat named Salem. My family and I just love that show, and of course the black cat. So feisty!

Shirahime comes from an anime I watched a few years back. I knew the cat was white but was never sure the actual color when it grow up. The anime was "Angelic Layer" and one of the characters have a doll name "Shirahime", a female doll wearing white kimono. It was the perfect name for my new kitten. Shirahime means "White Princess" in Japanese. Although Shirahime was somewhat of a seal lynx point, I think the name suits her well. But don't be deceived, although The White Princess seems like a very feminine and delicate name my kitten though is not *laughs*. She is small in stature, weighing 2.5kg at almost 6 months and she is fearless. She doesn't hesitate to pounce or hamstring her two elder brother who is twice, almost triple her size. She is a bit high strung, posses Salem's curiosity nature but Sherbet's cowardice facing new things. She is easily scared by any weird noise, any new things she hasn't seen and quite "scary" play time. She would pick one thing as her toy (a piece of felt cloth), a catnip toy, a tennis ball, etc and drag it around with her. She would pounce like mad on the toy she picks without caring about her surrounding. Sometimes I had to lock her up in a carrier or cage at night time because she likes to play near my bed and injured me (she scratched my eyelid once when I was sleeping). At the moment she is recovering from ear mites infection and things are looking really good. I plan to neuter her maybe end of this month, once her ear mites clear out.

On the other hand, Shirahime or Shishi has her cute side. She is affectionate and loves to cuddle. She doesn't squirm around when I carry her in my arms or put her in my lap. She also doesn't claw her way when people carry her (well, so far only my bf and I carry her around). She's not a very demanding cat, she likes to play on her own and hardly ever mew (unless she's really scared). Another thing I find funny is her ability to balance perfectly on my body. She likes to climb atop my body when I lie down on my bed. She would walk gracefully up and down, never once does her claw protrude. She would put her wet nose on my cheek and purrs loudly. It does make a good wake up call *laughs*. I even tried to put her on my bf's shoulder, and she stands on four legs gracefully. Such agility and balance. For now, I'm watching Shishi's development happily. Another good addition to my family. I just have to say having a female cat is different than male cat. They are more affectionate. Still, I love all my furkids.

No comments:

Post a Comment


PitaPata Cat tickers

Memorial

Memorial

Sherbet's Cute Mew

Click Play to listen!
PitaPata Cat tickers