PitaPata Cat tickers

Saturday, November 6, 2010

New addition to the family

Hurray!

I adopted another cat early last month. It was a cat rescued by my friend, Kak June and fostered temporarily with Suhaimy (both from PF forum). I thank you both of them greatly for rescuing and taking care of my newest family.

After the death of Neko-chan, I felt the house was too manly *laughs*. I have two healthy and active male cats but I still miss Neko-chan, the only female cat I ever had. She was more affectionate compared to my two boys and I thought about adopting a female cat after Slim was let go. After a suggestion from Kak June, I decided to adopt the kitten that she rescued after it's fully weaned.

1st October 2010, I pick her up from Suhaimy and took her into my home. She was somewhat scrawny but active. I named her "Shirahime" or White Princess. I took her for medical check-up the next day and she is negative on both FeLv and FIV. That is a relief, but sadly she was diagnosed for ringworm. For the next two weeks I had to put her under ringworm medication and then she was also diagnosed with ear mites. We're still in the process of clearing that but it looks very promising.

She is a funny and cute kitten. Always curious and fearless, she never hesitate to pounce her two elder brother despite her size. Another cute characteristic of Shirahime is that she likes to climb on my body when I sleep. She would walk up and down my body, balancing herself perfectly. She also doesn't wiggle away when I put her in my lap or cuddle her close. Loud purrs always accompany her but she is somewhat high strung. Easily frightened by anything new. I love seeing her blue eyes. I've always wanted a cat with blue eyes. Thank you for letting me adopt her. *smile*

She also doesn't demand a lot of attention from me. Everyday she would pick something as her toy. Some day a tennis ball, another day a plastic ball with a bell in it, sometimes a piece of felt cloth that fell off from the cat tree and another time, a small cat face plushie. She would play and pounce on it for hours, then carry it around with her around the house. She is so cute and adorable. I'll post her picture some day. Oh my, I've written a lot. I shall continue again some other day.. For now, I'm gonna watch Shirahime (or Shishi for short) and her cute antics.

No comments:

Post a Comment


PitaPata Cat tickers

Memorial

Memorial

Sherbet's Cute Mew

Click Play to listen!
PitaPata Cat tickers