PitaPata Cat tickers

Friday, March 5, 2010

Kitty Journal 43 - A Very Good News

After two weeks of eating liver supplements, I send Sherbet for another blood test today. As usual, he's scared witless going to the vet. Mewing loudly and restless in the carrier I brought him in. He was trembling but it went well. Vet weight him and if I remembers correctly, he gained 0.06kg the last two weeks. My red tabby is now at a whopping 5.56kg. He's gaining weight and this is a good thing to me, it's a sign that his appetite is back. Though the vet caution me not to feed Sherbet too much else he'd get too fat and can easily get heat stroke. I'll try to reduce his portions now.

Every cloud has a silver lining and after a month of being worried and anxious, my silver lining has shown itself. A month after Neko-chan passed away and more than three weeks after Sherbet was diagnosed with liver toxicity, I was granted a good news today. At 3.06pm, the vet called me regarding the blood test. The liver parameter has shown normal results. I breathe a sigh of relief. Finally after weeks of going back and forth to the vet and making sure Sherbet finishes the supplement vet gave me, his liver is back to normal. Thank god for his recovery. The vet told me to continue Sherbet's liver supplement diet and then come in next week for another blood test. If it's still within the normal range, then he is clear and can stop taking the liver supplements. I gave my thanks to the vet and smile happily. My naughty boy is finally getting better and I feel so relieved.

I didn't want to think how much I have paid for his recovery but I am so glad he's getting better. No one is to blame for the cost except myself for endangering my cat's life. I'm glad I figured out the problem and took care of it before another life is lost. Thank god for everything and thank god I have given another chance to be with my beloved cats much longer. Today is a good day..

No comments:

Post a Comment


PitaPata Cat tickers

Memorial

Memorial

Sherbet's Cute Mew

Click Play to listen!
PitaPata Cat tickers