PitaPata Cat tickers

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Kitty Journal 14 - Cat's Pregnant Perhaps???

I send Neko-chan for her 2nd vaccine and it went well.. I even asked the vet to check if she's pregnant.. can't be confirmed though.. maybe she is and maybe she's not..but left side of her abdomen was hardened, so the doctor can't check properly.

It's a mixed reaction, I frowned upon the knowledge that my kitten is pregnant, and worried about her safety .. but on the other hand I am happy I could be a grandma to cute kittens. I want to spay her but I read up that spaying pregnant queen is equal to abortion.. do I want to do that?? Can I do that?? But if I let her come to term with the pregnancy, can she handle it? She was sick for so long due to diarrhea and ringworm, she aren't even 1 yr old. I read that it could end fatally for mother or kittens or both. What do I do? Which one is the right decision?

In a way, I blames myself secretly. I didn't confine her properly and she got out of her cage a few times, hang out with my other kittens (one of em is still intact). Perhaps I was naive in thinking the male kitten is yet to be sexually matured. Ahh.. foolish me. Lesson learned in a hard way.

As I stare at my kittens, I wondered if I can support another kitten. I sat and ponders to myself.. decisions.. decisions....

2 comments:

  1. Yes Euanna, think twice and harder.. it depends on yr financial stability as well.. I have 14 cats now.. and still expecting few more *knock my own head*.. this happened when i kept on thinking to spay or not..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll wait and see.. she isn't confirmed to be pregnant yet.. I'll wait for another 2 weeks and see how..

    ReplyDelete


PitaPata Cat tickers

Memorial

Memorial

Sherbet's Cute Mew

Click Play to listen!
PitaPata Cat tickers